Subject: [Leica] Full frame scanning Leica
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:12:57 -0400

On Apr 2, 2009, at 1:02 PM, Doug wrote:

> Larry, consider slow exposures with this concept.  The sensor strip
> is at each pixel position for the length of the exposure, then it
> moves to the next position to stay for an equal length of time, then
> to the next.  Not very practical for a hand-held camera.  And
> there's that electronic flash problem.

You got me. I have no answer for slow exposures. But then neither did
the Leica I. No speeds below 1/30 sec. As far as flash goes, you could
always use an FP flash bulb, provided you didn't mind environmental
police nagging you to pick up used bulbs. i do recall Olympus making
an electronic flash (possibly the 280) that emitted a series of
overlapping pulses the duration of the shutter blind opening. But none
of this should bother you Doug. You always shoot birds in in the
daylight at fast shutter speeds. With a Noctilux it shouldn't bother
anyone. Who uses flash at f1.2?

I'd even take an M8 reduced frame size on my film inspection door
replacement back.

Larry Z