Subject: [Leica] Analog 8mm to digital video
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 19:03:46 -0500

On Mar 3, 2009, at 6:22 PM, Phillippe wrote:

>> On Mar 3, 2009, at 8:03 AM, Mike wrote:
>>
>>> Ok, it says "hardware Mpeg-4 encoding, so that's what you get.
>>> No  idea
>>> whether QuickTime Pro would see the interface, but I will check
>>> with a
>>> colleague tomorrow who uses a similar interface.
>>

>> Both iPhoto and iMovie can import Mpeg-4.
>>
> Thanks
> They do, but the card gives so poor quality pixelised small stamps ...
> meant for the I-pod
> I'm on the hunt for either a camcorder with video 8 AND DV , or a full
> format card.

I'm not sure what version of iMovie or iPhoto you are using. However,
in the Preference panel you can select the aspect ratio, the size
(resolution). and the type of encoding (PAL or NTSC) of video
imports. If all else fails, read the Help panel to get information.
Apple also has tutorials on using iPhoto and iMovie on their web
site, www.apple,com. I have had no trouble creating nice DVDs from
Mpeg-4 files imported from SD cards created by a Sanyo CG-6 digital
video camera.

Larry Z