Subject: [Leica] Bizarre problem with my m6
From: irving at iit.edu (Tom Irving)
Date: Fri Jan 9 09:35:14 2009

I'm new to the list. I've been using my m3 for some years and I recently
bought a (1984 vintage) M6 classic (non-TTL). It clearly hadn't been
used much since it looked brand new but had some corrosion in the
battery  compartment cover.  Understandably the meter has been flakey.
Sometimes would work and sometimes not. I cleaned up the cover a little
more vigorously and now I have a situation when there is no film in the
camera, the meter works fine. When I put film in the camera, no lights
(or will occasionally work). I've gone back and forth between film, not
film about 4 times now and this has been consistent.  This baffles me.
On another note has anyone in the list had positive experiences with
Leica repair people in the Chicago area?

--
Thanks,
Tom Irving

Replies: Reply from chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Bizarre problem with my m6)