Subject: [Leica] Coding the Noctilux?
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Dec 20 07:50:37 2008

Ken,

I see no reason to have the Noctilux coded. Since the M8 has a crop
factor of 1.33X, vignetting with the M8 is not a problem. Also cyan
corners, due to the UV/IR filters, are not a problem with 50mm
lenses. But use the filters even on the Noctilux.

As far as back focus issues, first verify you have a problem with
your lens that you think needs fixing. Some people don't seem to have
a problem.

Results from Leica as far as Noctilux focus adjustments with the M8
seem to be varied. I sent my Noctilux to Don Goldberg. He shimmed the
mount which put the focus at f1 slightly front focus. Photos now look
great. It also pretty much took care of the focus shift when stopping
down between f1.4 to f5.6. I sent mine to Don even though it was
still in warranty.

Len