Subject: [Leica] Hello, I'm new to this group...and Don Goldberg of Dagcam suggested I put my malfunction/repair question to this group...
From: drbader at aol.com (drbader@aol.com)
Date: Mon Oct 20 10:50:46 2008

I bought a Leica D-Lux 3 in early July for my wife who just turned 60.? she
didn't use if much for various reasons and recently took it out to learn and
master it, only to find that it was seriously screwed up--specifically, that
when you turn it on, the screen/viewfinder is simply lit up white--and
blank....on all settings....
I don't think it's under warranty and am going to try to track down a Leica
digital repair genius in San Francisco, but before I did I wondered if
anyone in this group might instantly know what the trouble is?? I ask
because I'm pretty camera-retarded and thought that perhaps this type of
malfunction was "obvious."? I hope this isn't a mis-use of this group and if
it is, I apologize in advance..

Michael Bader

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Hello, I'm new to this group...and Don Goldberg of Dagcam suggested I put my malfunction/repair question to this group...)
Reply from philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD) ([Leica] Hello, I'm new to this group...and Don Goldberg of Dagcam suggested I put my malfunction/repair question to this group...)