Subject: [Leica] BOATING PAD #14 - Why Sailors Hate Power Boaters #3
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Thu Oct 9 09:40:01 2008

Quoth the Adam Bridge :

> As a cyclist I have this experience quite frequently . . . but I'm
> usually too terrified or too busy seeking somewhere safe to even
> THINK of snapping a photo.

Dually pickups (ANY pickup, actually, but duallys are worse - not
just reckless, actually malicious) and as you say, mom-mobiles.

Priusi are still rare enough down here that they're only trendy among
the eco-conscious, who frequently are cyclists themselves, so they're
as close to a non-risk as you can get.

As to water, the risk where I am isn't big cruisers, it's Homer and
Horace out trotlining or gigging catfish in their 15' jonboat with
the 840-horse triple Mercruisers on the back, tryin' to get home
afore the beer runs out....  I exaggerate.  (But only a little.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] BOATING PAD #14 - Why Sailors Hate Power Boaters #3)