Subject: [Leica] S2 images on a blog
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Thu Sep 25 01:22:52 2008

You would have to be pretty big to take over anything from Kaufmann's
empire - particularly the way Dr A.K. sees his Leica commitment.

In 2006, the Kaufmann family was #11 in the list of Austria's richest
families with an estimated 1.3 Billion Euros in private assets, not far
behind the Porsche and Swarovski families.

This S2 is aimed at the big fashion-mag studios and advertising
photographers, not the majority of us mainstream 'snappers' -
professional or amateur.

If it's a success, all the better - it's already making waves, if not
yet a tsunami - it will hoepfully form a solid financial basis for
helping Leica to give us what we (the majority) want.

Be happy flying at normal prices on a 737, or do you really need your
own Lear Jet?

Douglas