Subject: [Leica] Choices for ringflash photography
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Mar 1 07:41:28 2008

Chris,

What are your plans for the unit and what are your expectations?
Generally ringlights have low guide numbers. I'm sure you must have
looked at the Nikon R1C1 system. It's totally wireless on Nikon
bodies, has a pretty good guide number per flash head and can be used
off camera. It can be triggered by the SB800, it's commander unit and
even the built in flash for the D200. It's i-TTL with Nikon digital
bodies. Plus you can buy additional flash heads. I currently have two
heads mounted on light stands with two Photoflex 30" umbrellas used
for soft fill.

I also have the Sigma ringlight for closeup work. It's also i-TTL but
not very good outside of 6 feet or so.

Len