Subject: [Leica] RE: [IDCC] Anyone here own or shoot with a 66mm f2 Elcan?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Sat Dec 1 08:39:56 2007

To get the juices flowing, I found this:

http://stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier
=AD0916694

 Accession Number : AD0916694

Title :   Minicamera Lens Evaluation.

Descriptive Note : Technical rept. Apr 71-Mar 73,

Corporate Author : AIR FORCE AVIONICS LAB WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB OH

Personal Author(s) : Humphreys, Edward N.

Report Date : NOV 1973

Pagination or Media Count : 25

Abstract : The purpose of this study was to measure the performance of 35mm
format camera lenses for possible use on a high resolution miniature
photographic reconnaissance camera. Forty-three lenses were selected from
the various manufacturers. Selected lenses had focal lengths ranging from
35mm to 75mm, and the relative apertures ranging from f/0.95 to f/2.8. Each
lens was tested on Eastman Kodak Type 3414 film, at maximum relative
aperture.

Test results showed that the Leitz-Canada Summicron (35mm, f/2.0) had the
best AWAR (117 1p/mm) for the 35mm focal length lenses.

In the 38 to 49mm focal length range, the best lens was the Olympus F. Zuiko
(38mm, f/1.8) with an AWAR of 165 1p/mm.

In the 50 to 60mm focal length range, the best lens was the Leitz-Wetzlar
Summicron (50mm, f/2.0) with an AWAR of 135 1p/mm.

In the 60 to 75mm focal length range, the best lens was the Leitz-Canada
Elcan (66mm, f/2.0) with an AWAR of 167 1p/mm. (Author)

Descriptors :   *CAMERA LENSES, RECONNAISSANCE CAMERAS, MINIATURIZATION,
AERIAL RECONNAISSANCE, RESOLUTION, APERTURES, SELECTION, TEST METHODS,
PHOTOGRAPHIC FILM, PERFORMANCE(ENGINEERING), TEST EQUIPMENT.

Subject Categories : PHOTOGRAPHY
      MILITARY INTELLIGENCE

Distribution Statement : APPROVED FOR PUBLIC RELEASE