Subject: [Leica] Just what does EX on *bay mean anyway?
From: jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox)
Date: Tue Nov 13 16:08:01 2007

Vick,
On the Bay the phrase" buyer beware " applies doubly.

 1.  Read and reread the listing. If anything bothers you, don't bid
 2.  Look at the photos. Are they clear? Do they show the entire item
from all sides.If they are not clear don't bid.
 3. Read the sellers feedback. Large feedback numbers with small
negatives is good. Very large feedback with 98 or 99 % is
     still good. (you can't please all of the people all  of the time.)
 4. Beware of no returns. A reputable seller wants you to be happy with
the item. He dosen't want negative feedback
 5. Don't impulse bid. It is not the last item of like kind you will
ever see on eBay.
 6.  Research what an item is worth and don,t don't overpay for an item.
 7. Expect to get burned a time or two. It is just the nature of the
beast. It is almost like playing poker. You win some and you loose some.
The idea is to be informed so as not to loose too often.

  One last eBay piece of advice. If you really want an item know what
you are willing to pay. Then enter that bid at the last possible moment.

If you find yourself bidding too often join eBay anonymous. :-)

Happy bidding
Jack