Subject: [Leica] EQUIPMENT QUESTION
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Sat Jun 9 07:40:21 2007

Mark,

All of the Nikon scanners are superb as you described. The biggest
advantage of the Coolscan 9000 ED, other then the obvious ability to
scan medium format up to 6X9, is the ability to batch scan 12 35mm
frames without the worry of off center scans. It's a huge time saver.
Just load up the negatives and forget about it while you're doing
something else. If you do a lot of scanning the extra cost is well
worth it. The only problem is nobody can keep them in stock. My
dealer normally has them. I've seen three of them go out the door to
customers who drove down to Philly from NYC to pick one up.

Len