Subject: [Leica] Question Re Backing Up to External Hard Drives
From: allen.graves at charter.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Thu May 24 09:59:47 2007

I have one of those I bought to transfer a large
number of files to one of my kids at college
(music and photos). It's a cheap drive. It's
slow. And it sometimes doesn't get recognized at
first try on Macs or PCs. But it does hold the
data that I wanted it to hold and now it has been
relegated to second (or third) tier backup
duties- just one more copy of everything.

I might look at a slightly more expensive drive
(one that  that has a better enclosure) for
serious backup.

Allen