Subject: [Leica] TE and Changing Lens Data
From: robert.rose at mac.com (Robert Rose)
Date: Wed May 23 00:36:15 2007

OK, not sure why you would want to do this, but you can make the M8
think you have the TE set to another focal length by holding the
frame selector while you take a shot.

For example, with the TE set at 50 mm, hold the frame lines at 28 and
you will register it as a 28 mm lens.  This proves that there is a
microswitch attached to the frame selector.

I found this while trying to figure out why my TE wouldn't register
the 50mm setting.  I can get it to register correctly if I slightly
push the frame selector away from center toward the lens.

Bob Rose