Subject: [Leica] Santa Fe show
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Apr 15 15:21:02 2007

On 4/15/07 12:31 PM, "Charcot" <charcot@comcast.net> typed:

> Phil - just got back as well and very much enjoyed the Monroe Gallery
> as well. Also made the obligatory pilgrimage to Photo-Eye gallery and
> bookstore on Garcia St.
>
> ernie
> On Apr 14, 2007, at 10:54 PM, Phil Swango wrote:

I met a guy from Sante Fe yesterday at the AIPAD show yesterday at The Park
Ave Armory on the East side of Manhattan NY.
I was going to go back today but we are having a minor hurricane. All day.
Not one let up. A Sante Fe gallery owner of Scheinbaum & Russek LTD.
.9 mi (about 3 minutes) from the La Fonda Hotel where most of us are
staying. So maybe I'll catch their act bring a few friends they offered to
drive me over but it looks like walking distance to me. Probably some left
over land mines from the Mexican American war.

http://www.aipad.com/members/?object_id=105&sort=name#open

The AIPAD show like Photokina but filled with Photos instead of Kinas.
Kinas might be Greek for "gadgets" from all I could tell I went to that one
too this year.
The Photos price pointed at between 4 grand and 40 -
Grand. Each gallery, the top photo galleries in the world had a shot of
Marilyn Monroe in it. I spotted one or two galleries with no Marilyn.  Many
had some gold plated like images in it. Not gold toned. Shiny gold leaf.
Yellow. I didn't know about that.
Lots of real old stuff. But also supermodels. For 40,000 USD.
That's enough to get one to get out of bed in the morning.

Mark Rabiner
8A/109s
New York, NY

markrabiner.com