Subject: [Leica] Epson 3800?
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat Dec 9 18:07:02 2006

> I finally managed to get my hands on some Crane Museo Silver Rag paper
> yesterday, and much to my surprise (this was not documented anywhere that I
> found in the promotional literature, nor do I remember anyone mentioning it
> here on the LUG) Museo Silver Rag uses the Epson Photo Black ink and not
> the
> Matte Black. That eliminates one of the two reasons why I didn't buy a 4800
> a long time ago, namely the cost and inconvenience of switching the ink
> back
> and forth. (The other reason is its very large
> physical size).

Surprised that you were surprised.

Museo Silver Rag is cut from the same cloth (so to speak) as Innova F and is
a gloss paper requiring PK.

I cannot speak more highly of Innova F. Currently printing a series of ~25
13x19" black and white prints on this paper and they are blowing me away.
Rich, deep, very three-dimensional-ish.

Using matte paper when this paper is available is a very poor alternative in
my opinion with everything else being equal.

I use the 2400 but will get a 3800 as soon as I can get my hands on one.

Dave.

--
My Photography: http://www.david-keenan.com
My Blog: http://www.david-keenan.com/euroblog