Subject: [Leica] Konica Hexar RF
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Nov 17 08:40:03 2006

Len,

You just think you're losing interest. These things ebb and flow. The
yearning can strike at any moment. Magenta remorse subsides and is
replaced by digital rangefinder bliss. It's not a rational thought
process. Every piece of equipment I have I acquired for what I thought
was a good reason at the time. I only had 29 good reasons to own a
Nikkor, so you're one up on me. :-)

Certain things are just fun to own and use, even if I don't really need
them. When you really think about it, what good is a diamond compared to
a camera? You can't take pictures with a diamond. Yet diamonds sell for
more than cameras. Saying a diamond is an investment is folly. People
are already making diamonds that rival natural diamonds. The only way
you can differentiate is because the manmade diamonds are too perfect.

I have no intention of getting an M8, but somehow I know that within 18
months I'll be a happy owner of one. I can even walk out in public with
a UV filter and I won't get humiliated. People will just assume it's a
hot filter.

I'm joking about everything except for the fact that I know that someday
I'll own an M8. I just like rangefinders too much. I'm not asking for
perfection, but I just hope I get one with a VVS1G or better sensor.

DaveR

Len wrote:

I don't know if I'll pick it up. I handled it with a 90mm lens on it.
It feels very solid and heavier then the M bodies. I was going to
save for the M8 but now I'm starting to lose interest. I'm very happy
with my D2X and D200 and about 30 Nikkors I've accumulated over the
years. I actually have too many cameras.

Replies: Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Konica Hexar RF)