Subject: [Leica] M8 in stock in the Netherlands
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Tue Nov 14 11:20:25 2006

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> Just got an e-mail from Kamera Express (www.kamera-express.nl) that  the
> M8 is in stock. Price is ?4200, which is virtually the same as in  the
> US (once you take into account that US prices as displayed  exclude
> sales tax, whereas the prices here include it).
>
> Just to tempt my fellow BENELUGgers ;-)

Too expensive for me.
I'll wait for the M9, a film camera with the nice and fast shutter of
the M8/R9, a zoom finder to accommodate lenses from 21 to 135mm and a
built in winder. Don't say it can't be done. Lot's of things that
couldn't be done a year ago are real now, like the M8.

Anyhow, I got a used 20D for a bargain price. The 24 Elmarit on it makes
a nice 38. Very close to my favourite 40. I now basicly have a P&S with
manual focus. But I love it.

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from harrison at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary) ([Leica] M8 in stock in the Netherlands)