Subject: [Leica] Re: Temporary workers
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Tue Jul 18 08:55:20 2006

On Jul 18, 2006, at 2:12 AM, Sanjay wrote in regard to hiring
assistants:

> You could
> avoid the whole horrendous mess and just go through a temp agency.  Yes
> the temp agency makes money but....it's a whole lot less paperwork.

You will pay about 50% more hiring workers from a temp agency, but the
simplicity is  worth it. In fact, unless you do have an accountant on a
retainer, it would probably be cheaper in the long run. Also, if you
need to hire an assistant again in the near future, you can request the
same person (if available) and avoid the problem of retraining. We hire
temp workers frequently and have been more than satisfied with their
performance. Some very high quality people, who for personal reasons
choose not to work full time, are employed by these agencies.

Larry Z