Subject: [Leica] World Cup
From: nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts)
Date: Mon Jul 10 01:08:53 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Didier Ludwig <rangefinder@screengang.com>
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: Sunday, 9 July, 2006 11:42:00 PM
Subject: Re: [Leica] World Cup

To Nick:
Z. would have been allowed to collect the medal and he was even invited by a
Fifa official, but he refused.

Didier

In which case I think he was probably right. The French supporters in the
ground hadn't had the benefit of seeing the incident replayed, and clearly
(mistakenly) thought the sending off unjustified - I think his appearance
would've been provocative. It is a terrible shame to see a great sportsman
end his career in such a way, and I do worry for him - this will surely
haunt him forever.

Just as well he didn't play cricket - I don't think he could've survived the
"sledging" for long.

Nick