Subject: [Leica] RE: LUG Digest, Vol 31, Wildly Off - Topic Deep Fryers
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Apr 2 13:00:52 2006

Message: 10
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 18:22:25 +0200
From: bruce <bruce@ralgo.nl>
Subject: Re: [Leica] Wildly Off OT - Deep Fryers
To: Leica Users Group <lug@leica-users.org>

Greg, how big are the halibut? They range, apparently, from 2 - 20 +++
++ kilos?

Do you skin it, fillet it, egg and bread-crumb it ............... and
then in the fat ............... or?

B.

Hi Bruce,

I'm on the road little to no email access.

The halibut off Canada's West Coast run in all sizes up to 300lbs or more.
The largest I've caught so far, was in the 70 lb range back in 1998 off the
west central coast of Vancouver Island. If I go this summer, it will be to
the northern Queeen Charlotte's (Langara Island) where halibut sizes are
larger on average than further south.

Halibut is best fileted and cooked with a lemon sauce or beer battered in
fish and chips.

Regards,

Greg