Subject: [Leica] Latest Lympa Log - Leica and Olympus E-330
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Mar 19 07:26:30 2006

I too have been using cameras with shutter speed dials, and lenses with
aperture rings, since about 1959 - or was it 1960. On cameras that don't
have the traditional controls, I definitely prefer a dial for each of those
two functions - as we find on all the "pro" DSLR's.

On the other hand, the E330 does not require "drill down shutter speeds
somewhere in the LCD" - with the camera in AE mode, the A is adjusted by
turning a thumb wheel, while the S is adjusted by holding down the well
placed compensation button and turning that same thumb wheel. In S mode, the
feature is reversed. And in manual, you have a choice of where you want
shutter speed and aperture control. So the controls are right where I'm used
to finding them.

Yes, there's a lot to learn with any new digital camera - far, far more than
there was with our film cameras.