Subject: [Leica] Leica participation in 4/3rds format
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 26 10:53:32 2006

Once again the LUG list is inundated with 34,000,000 million unanswerable
questions about "what Leica etc etc etc and this new format." will be, will
do.

And for the 14,000,000 time here's my stock answer......

Save yer breathe lads, time will tell.:-)

If we consider how much of our precious time is spent banging heads and
wringing good mind matter with all these unanswerable questions, which
constantly evoke more questions, of wants, imagined needs as ridiculous as
can be thought of. When most are banging they're minds still learning how to
make these new fangled digital cameras work as simply as a film camera.

As interesting as this new fangled gear is, it's not worth the time being
spent wringing hands about it at the moment. So if for just a few seconds
let your minds relax, back away from the key board, pick up whatever camera
you have and go take some fun lovin' relaxing photographs for an hour or
two. Guess what? :-)

When you come back relaxed and anxious to see the neat photos you've taken,
you'll be in fine shape for a peak about the "new stuff." Which you wont
have missed one thing because quite simply nothing is going to happen until
we as a crew are probably another year older! ;-)

Now if you follow this prescription a few things, possibly more will happen.

A/ you'll feel better because you played photographer for a bit
B/ you'll have some new PAW's to post.
C/ all the stuff on the screen when you left will still be there unanswered
D/ it'll be time for a nice lunch with a glass of fine red wine, cheese and
crackers! :-) How much better can it get? ;-)

So there you go eh? ;-) In just a few moments of leaving all this
digi-camera techie stuff that wont be answered for at least a year or more
you'll feel much better. :-) And have accomplished something far more worth
while than sitting on yer but! ;-)

Now don't you feel better? ;-) Hell I bet yer butt does from not being sat
on for hours. ;-)

ted

Message from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Leica participation in 4/3rds format)