Subject: [Leica] Not Another Paw
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Feb 18 06:59:08 2006

GREG LORENZO showed:
> Still working on the scanner thing.
> see: http://www.leica-gallery.net/gjl-1/image-91795.html<<<<

Hi Greg,
My gut reaction when looking at the musicians? It looks like it's printed on
a #1 or softer paper. Like there isn't a clean B&W look to it. No contrast.
Muddy print. Lot's of detail, just way too flat!

Another way of what it looks like? If I said the paper was over-exposed and
pulled from the developer too soon producing this grey flat look rather than
letting it develop for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes producing a nice clean B&W look
might be another way of describing it.

I'm not sure what effect you're trying to get in the look, but I don't think
it's doing anything for the quality of photograph as a print.Or if you like,
as seen on the screen.

Is this look happening when you put the neg in the scanner with everything
set to "auto- scan B&W negative?" Or does this look happen when you start
screwing around trying to get some kind of "old timer" look?

It's an interesting photograph of people/busker life around Vancouver's
Stanley Park or the water front, but the look doesn't cut it for me. Sorry
mate.

ted