Subject: [Leica] PAW 51 dlridings
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Thu Dec 29 10:13:24 2005

Sorry Jim. The 50/2.0 is correct. Summitar it is. I can never keep
those two straight.

It's a pretty clean one. The contrast seems to be ok:

The first one was taken wide-open and the second one pretty close
(2.8? maybe wide-open even it).

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v51_0005
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v51_0021

But don't point it down south in December:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album08/05v51_0012

I've only put a few rolls through it. I'm not real sure about it. At
comparable f-stops, there's nothing wrong with the Elmar and at the
wider stops, it has some very stiff competition from the Russian
Jupiter-8 (also 50/2.0). It has the edge over the Jupiter-8 because it
is collapsable, but not much of an edge. I feel it in my pocket. The
IIIf and the Elmar make a beautiful package for my inside coat pocket.

Thanks for pointing out the typo!

Best,
Daniel