Subject: [Leica] Aaron's PAW 48: Centers of Attention
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 5 18:40:36 2005

Aaron Sandler asked:
>>> Hi Ted,
>
> I'm a little surprised at that...she was reacting to Michael talking, so I
> thought that she actually added to the photo.  Perhaps her involvement
> doesn't come across?  Do you mean that just the interaction between
> Michael and the listener on the right might be more powerful?>

Aaron,
I liked Michaels action but I sure thought her eye was directed at you and
camera creating more of a distraction than an addition. Despite her
re-action is quite spontaneous.

Put your hand on the screen and cut her off, you'll see Michael comes across
with more effect! However you can't crop it like that as you'd cut his arm
or hand off. That of course is a no no as it spoils his action and body
language.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road