Subject: [Leica] Black and White
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Oct 12 13:47:08 2005

I think you're absolutely correct, Peter, in suggesting that black and white
doesn't mean the same thing, and hold the same power for a 25-year-old as it
does to and for those of us well into the second half of our lives.

And as horrifying as the results are, Ted Turner was simply making a smart
business decision, knowing that most young people equate black and white
movies with old, bad, dull. As an antidote - anyone seen "On The Beach"
lately? Wow.