Subject: [Leica] more digital heresy -survival move in the face of overwhelming competition from Canon, Nikon?
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Wed Jul 20 00:34:28 2005

What does this mean? The press release mentions Sony's "product planning,"
which I can understand is formidable, but what would that mean for Minolta?

The 7D is by all accounts a great "prosumer" body with the image
stabilization and
a relatively strong viewfinder in a < $2K body.

Would we see "Zeiss" lenses on the Maxum bodies? Will we see Sony DSLR's?
The Sony badge might well attract buyers upgrading to SLR's from their
popular
digicams. Or maybe a Zeiss/Contax label?

Scott