Subject: [Leica] Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR
From: drodgers7798 at comcast.net (David Rodgers)
Date: Tue May 17 09:18:24 2005

Douglas,

How well does the C/Y adaptor work and where is the best place to buy
one in the USA? Will they work is AE lenses or just MM? (I it requires
stop down metering so perhaps both will work).  I have a 85/1.4 Planar
and 60/2.8 Makro Planar. Both are older, German made lenses. I have some
other Contax lenses, but these two are special.

I have Nikon digital but I might pick up a used Canon body and an
adaptor just to use these lenses. I originally went with Nikon digital
because I'm more of a wide angle user and I've always felt Nikon had an
edge over Canon in terms of WA lens design. Plus I preferred the 1.5
crop factor over 1.6.

Part of me says it's foolish to get into yet another system just for
focal length, but with film I use rangefinders for wide angle shooting
and SLRs for longer focal lengths.

I have an irrational fondness for Leica gear, but these days it seems
software and firmware are as important as mechanical design and
construction in photography.

DaveR

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR)
Message from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Looking forward to a week of shooting with the DMR)