Subject: [Leica] was: Coenen's interview now: Leica innovation
From: patrick at photo.net (Patrick (Washington, DC))
Date: Sat Apr 23 06:11:13 2005

i know most leica users are as committed to the brand and as
traditional/conservative as leica
engineers themselves (no insult intended), however, even if it difficult to
add/improve on a Leica
M one can hardly give Leica credit for having tried.  The amount of time it
took for Leica to add
trivial technology like TTL, or improve on the VF to the current M7/MP class
is hardly worth
praise. And I find it hard to believe that one couldn't add some minor
features like spot meter,
loaded film viewing window etc. if they wanted. The simple answer is that
they don't want to.

I too use Leica M because of it's basic design concept and manual control,
but that doesn't mean
that there are no areas for improvement.

p.