Subject: [Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 19 21:41:39 2005

I am sorry to report that Tak has retired and moved back to Japan.  The US
classic camera market simply won't be the same without him.   Unless Tak
changes his mind, the Carson Camera show last week was his last US show.
I was in Keeble a few years ago talking with Paul Wood their used camera
buyer when a very dignified looking Japanese gentleman walked up and asked :
"Paul what do you have for me today?"
Paul showed him 2-3 Rolleis.
Looking them over briefly he asked "How much?"
Paul gave a price...The man opened up a Haliburton business case, pulled out
a wad of bills...Paid cash and stuffed the Rollei's in the Halliburton and
walked away...
Must have been Tak?

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] End of an Era, Tak of Mac Camera Retires)