Subject: [Leica] Lens Hood Discovery for Summitar
From: colucci at thehearth.org (Dan Colucci)
Date: Wed Mar 23 10:01:04 2005

I have a Leica Hood 12538 - which is the plastic version of the 12585 hood
which is primarily the older 50mm Summicron hood.  Well, the 12538 hood has
little metal "pinchers" which grasp onto the Summicron lens....playing
around, I tried it on the SUMMITAR lens and find it fits and works perfectly
!  The pinchers grab the threaded ring of the Summarit and holds more than
adequately for normal use... it will even mount backwards on the Summitar !

Dan

Leica M Lens Price & Info Guide
www.antiquecameras.net/a.htm

 Leica R Lens Price & Info Guide