Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 180
From: DFinch847 at aol.com (DFinch847@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 13:15:55 2005

"Stock is down 1/3 today from yesterday's close.

Lock, stock and barrel price currently less then 12,000,000 Euros."

That's market capitalization, not FMV of the company as a going concern. The
unencumbered asset value of the company (including tooling, equipment,
product inventory, and IP) is probably at least three or four times that
amount. Leica's trade-names alone have to be worth more than 12 million
Euros.

The consumer market for Leica cameras is dead. Nothing Leica can do will
revive that market. Accounting issues aside, the company is essentially
out-of-business as profit-making concern.

If I had the money, I'd buy a couple of MPs and an array of lenses and
parts, and use the equipment until I drop dead, which will be long before
the equipment wears out. I don't have the money, so I'll probably buy a nice
M2 and a mint Tri-Elmar, and call it a day.

DSF

--
David S. Finch
502 Braeside Road, Apt. 1

The information contained in this communication is intended only for the use
information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader is not the intended recipient or the
employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender at dfinch847@aol.com.
Thank you.

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 180)