Subject: [Leica] Michiel's PAW 49-52
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Wed Jan 5 20:05:13 2005

Tom Santosusso wrote:
> http://www.availabledarkness.com/nye2004.htm
>
> My first attempts to develop film at home and the resulting water spots /
> dust not withstanding, I think I will try to continue to use this
> combination for all low light indoor photography.  If anyone has
> examples of  Neopan 1600 shot outside during normal lighting
> conditions I would love to take a look.

Your results are excellent resullts for a first time;  i don't think I got
a visible image my first time; it could have been my
lousy metering technique without a meter at the time.  :-)

It turns out that Diafine is the 2nd B&W developer I use and
keep at home, so I will keep your results in mind.  I think
I'll try D76 first though, as that is what I use much more often.

I know Daniel Ridings and Tom Abrahamsson are heavy users
of Neopan 1600.  You know, those Scandinavian types with their
long, dark, moody winters   LOL.  And Mark Rabiner too, if I
am not mistaken.  Daniel posts lots of his Neopan stuff
for example:  http://www.dlridings.com/paw2004/

Cheers,

- Phong