Subject: [Leica] Need feedback on possible trade up. Or should I say down?
From: Leicajay at aol.com (Leicajay@aol.com)
Date: Sat Sep 4 06:33:16 2004

In a message dated 3/17/2004 11:17:38 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kvj@gammanine.com writes:

> Now that I've made my new MP my main body, I've come across an old issue.
> Yes, I mean the shutter speed dial direction issue. I have an opportunity
> swap my ttl for a non ttl of similar condition. My thoughts are that having
> both bodies operate the same would be best. Of course the ttl shutter dial
> being bigger is simpler to operate. I don't care about ttl flash so that's
> not an issue. Any feedback from someone who's faced a similar decision
> would
> be much appreciated.

You say the MP is your "main" body, does that mean the TTL is just backup
for when the MP is in repair at Leica, or to use with a lens you only shoot
occasionally?  In that case I seriously doubt the shutter dial will be an
issue worth trading over.  OTOH if you are planning to be out shooting with
both bodies using different lenses and/or film switching back and forth
between bodies then the shutter rotation might be.  I faced the same
situation when I got my first M6TTL, and sold my Classic for another TTL,
because I almost always shoot with 2 bodies.  I guess my only puzzlement is
why the MP would be your main body and not the M6.  I'll grant you the MP is
prettier than the M6, but the M6 is a lot nicer to use...more comfortable
advance and frame preview levers and *much* nicer rewind.