Subject: [Leica] Film bobs up
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 08:49:09 2004

In a message dated 8/24/04 6:33:37 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

<< Polaroid is still going even after bankruptcy. We still sell a ton of 54
and
55 type film  here in New Orleans. Ilford has been making the digital switch
for a couple of years now. Ilford Smooth Pearl is just as good as their
silver Multigrade IV Pearl papers.  I'm sure there's a ton of stockpiled
Ilford film around the world, so don't put those film cameras on the shelves
just yet. >>
Things are settling down. Using a D70 regularly now, I'm well aware that
digital is capable of excellent technical rendition. However, I leave the
D70 home
and take a film camera with me when I want to make a permanent record of a
subject, one that will survive me, and that I know my survivors can get to
that
will be in tangible form in most cases.

Bob