Subject: [Leica] I could have done that
From: jem.kime at ntlworld.com (Jem Kime)
Date: Sun Aug 15 07:01:55 2004

Frequently Jonathan,
but art is about expressing ideas and to have thought of doing it is the
creative part rather than recognising that you could have done it!
Several years ago an on-line artseller emerged called 'eyestorm'. They
offered a Damien Hirst work (he's a 'Brit-art' artist famous for preserving
half a cow in formldehyde as his most notorious work) which was attractive,
lots of coloured circles laid out in a regular grid on a white ground, maybe
80 or so on a sheet 20" square. I thought 'I could do that on my
computer'... What I should have thought was, 'Why don't I buy his idea and
work as I loved it. The 'eyestorm' firm recently sent round an e-mail
advising us that those who had bought that work had seen its value rise from
?500 to ?10,000!
regards,
Jem