Subject: [Leica] Disposal of chemistry
From: wlarsen at ocsnet.net (Will)
Date: Sun Aug 1 21:10:24 2004

Adam Bridge writes:

>How are people disposing of used color chemistry? And black and white
>for that matter?

All I can tell you is that I dispose mine through the sepetic sytem.   I
hold everything in a three gallon container first since that pretty much
neutralizes everything.

The local community college has 25 darkroom stations, and  disposes of
their chemicals the same way.   This is in California and they have a
permit from the Regional Water Quality Control Board.  They don't even
have to recover the silver.

Regards, bill larsen
Tulare County, California