Subject: [Leica] Kodak BW400CN
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Tue Jul 20 05:34:54 2004

I just shot 20 rolls of the new BW400cn this weekend. This film takes the
place of Portra BW400 and TCN400. To me, it looks and performs just like the
Portra film which I love because of the scanning ability. I used to be a XP2
user, but the Portra tops it when scanning. I shoot BW400 at 250 and 320iso
depending on the camera.

IMHO, Kodak just changed the labeling and boxes so they no longer had to
produce 2 C-41 B&W films. Afterall, they are slowly getting out of the film
business.

AP(UK) magazine did a test on XP2, TMAX, and the new BW400CN. The XP2 tested
sharper, but the BW400CN had less grain.

Chris
New Orleans