Subject: [Leica] An R series question R8 - pretty ?
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Sun Jun 20 07:31:05 2004

Hi Mark,
no the M5 is not overweight. It is the nicest M to use
in my experience but it is very ugly, the non rounded
ends make the front look very big and the lens very
small, aesthetically unpleasing.
In fact it was probably the first M to be "styled",
all the Ms and earlier cameras being designed by the
engineering requirement and not styled at all. I
suspect that if the M5 hadn't been "styled" it would
look a lot better.
Frank

--- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote: > On
6/19/04 4:52 AM, "FRANK DERNIE"