Subject: [Leica] ten years behind
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed May 5 15:14:16 2004

On 5/5/04 10:19 AM, "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> wrote:

> And with all due respect to you, Joe, this is just plain silly. The
> Nikon F5 hardly has a microwave, MP3 player, or anything else in it that
> isn't a photography enhancing feature. And it's a piece of cake to use
> it as a manual focus, manual metering, SLR if that's what the user wants
> to do. All leaving what have become standard features - such as
> autofocus - off does is limit a camera's market share - it doesn't make
> the camera easier to use.
>
> B. D.

The F5 may be easy to use with everything turned off but to use it as it was
more meant to be used you pretty much have to carry the instruction book
with you the first year or two. Or on from there. Or so I'm told from more
than one source. I wouldn?t kick one out of bed on a cold night with it's
100 or so little exposure sensors which know not just how bright the light
is in each little area but what color it is to feed into it's little
computer. The most accurate meter auto or manual in any camera today. And a
thing Canon has not even tried to compete with; uncharacteristically.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved