Subject: [Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun May 2 09:19:00 2004

At 10:30 AM 5/1/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Mmmh, that's a very high ratio. But then from the images of yours that I've
>seen, you tend to have very difficult lighting conditions. On the other
>hand, I rarely shoot outside my ability to control the light.
>S. Dimitrov

You are right, Slobodan.  Most of what interests me, therefore most of what
I shoot, is very marginal.  I love shooting where the light is a
challenge.  I'm not interested in controlling the light but in capturing
what happens in the light that is there.  In adobe houses with no windows,
the light is almost nonexistent, so I'm using high speed film with
Noctiluxes or other wide open lenses and trying to see what is happening
with no light at all.  Even the local "Meals on Wheels" deliveries are
usually in very dark houses.  That is when I need the multi-sample scanning
on the LS4000 to help with the shadows.  On the other hand, when I am
scanning photographs for most of my stock agencies, I don't need the
multi-sampling.

Tina

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)
Message from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Coolscan 5000 out of the box)