Subject: [Leica] Looking back ...
From: graham at geebeephoto.com (Graham Battison)
Date: Thu Apr 29 14:03:34 2004

From: "Daniel Ridings" <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no>
To: <lug@leica-users.org>
Sent: 29 April 2004 21:13

> Installed some archiving software and ran across this. Got a little
> sentimental ... I always do at this time of the year.
>
> Same camera and lens as I use today, but this was 33 years ago. Kodak 2475
> Recording Film (remember that stuff?):
>
> http://www.dlridings.com/temp/v50crop0009.jpg
> M4, 35mm Summicron
>
> Grandfather, father (grandmother at the stove where a woman should be :) )
> and my father's uncle.
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Your shot is a nice grouping of contented family members, even your fathers'
uncle seems to be smiling and I can only see the back of his head. It also
has the added interest of being shot on Kodak 2475 Recording Film.

The knowledge of who the group are makes it valuable but it is the time
scale of 33 years that catapults it onto a different level. It's strength
for me is that old chestnut of a moment in time frozen and captured forever
and the older it gets, the better it gets and the more precious it becomes.

It may seem strange coming from me of all people, who spends 99% of his time
shooting inanimate objects but that is what has always fascinated me about
photography. It's what drew me into photography in the first place and your
wonderful shot was a touching reminder that I had somehow lost sight of that
fact. I have got to shoot more people shots. Thanks for posting.

--Graham