Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: more digital printing
From: Roy Zartarian <rzartarian@snet.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:50:42 -0500

Well, I'm looking at one of the best b&w prints I've ever produced
digitally - a 12"x12" image of  convoluted roots on the Lake Champlain
shore. (Sorry, Ted. Despite all the time I've spent in your seminars, I
still occasionally photograph rocks and ferns). It came out of the
Epson 2200 with the standard OEM inks.  The blacks are black even under
incandescent light and remain so in daylight.

With more time than common sense on my hands, I downloaded and
installed the free  QuadtoneRIP software from Roy Harrington's site
(http://harrington.com) which established another print driver for the
2200.  There were, I admit, more than a few utterances of very bad
words until I read and followed all the instructions for the
installation. But the effort was worth it, and I now know what settings
in the Photoshop print dialog work and what does not.

At the risk of starting an interminable "my operating system is better
than your operating system" thread, I should note that the software
works only on Mac and Linux platforms.  For me, that is is not a
problem because I do not allow Microsoft in my house.

Roy

Replies: Reply from Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca> (Re: [Leica] OT: more digital printing)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> (Re: [Leica] OT: more digital printing)