Subject: Re: [Leica] DigiBack webpage updated, but still not for the look, sigh
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 21:21:19 -0700

There is something very Savant-like about this whole "desing web page on
lug from scratch to previsiuolize product so company can follow" thing.

Grégoire Vandenschrick should know, and i welcome him here he's right my
heart tends to think it's usually in the right place,... Oh! Grégoire
Vandenschrick should know that the designing of a web page like this on
the LUG has no precedent nor president and i don't think its going to
work out. I think your kind of genius needs concentration anyway. I
sense you're a numbers guy and that's good not doing Dreamweaver or
GoLive but seemingly writing the thing from scratch. God knows there are
other's on the list who've done the same i have a relative who bought
his first box of pre made software just a few years ago. He'd always
write his own thinking he was not wasteing money.

I like where he's coming from on this it might end up being a phenomenon
where it gives Leica  a nicely placed gentle kick in the ass to see of
rangefinder lenses can be put in front of an array of pixel grabbers. I
believe that just because "in theory" it can't be done that's been said
a million times about a million inventions i for one am not going to
fall for that one. The impossible needs to be broken on a regular basis
and IS.
Getting out of bed for instance. I give anyone big credit for that.

The page does nothing is unclickable and unreadable but the camera makes
my mouth water. Maybe it will make Stefan Daniel over there lick his
chops if anyone can do anything it is certainly he. The buck stops with
him with Leica design and implementation. I don't know who knows that
the way he got the job was by building a camera from scratch when he was
a young adolescent and bringing it in to Leica to see what that thought.
The offered him a job of course. That's how we mainly I think got what
we got and I'm happy about it.

Grégoire good luck to you the lug is a hard one to start out with
especially so ambitiously and on a different track. I think you have
nothing but positive intentions I often suspect people of not and i am
often right in the end despite criticism. Lots of people out their with
a crooked agenda and you ain't one of them.
Again

welcome to the lug.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

Hannibal Lecter: No, he covets. That's his nature. And how do we begin
to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to
answer.

Clarice Starling: No. We just--

Hannibal Lecter: No. Precisely. We begin by coveting what we see every
day. Don't you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don't your
eyes move over the things you want?