Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: DigiBack webpage updated
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2003 12:37:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/21/03 2:04:05 AM, telyt@earthlink.net writes:

<< No doubt you (br) have solved the engineering issues regarding the
differing
angles of incidence of each lens at each focussing distance which BTW is not
communicated to the camera body by the existing lenses. >>

If engineering has anything to do with common sense, then we all can make
suggestions. Perhaps that's how the wheel was invented. The original wheelwrights
probably got the idea from some farmer who made the connection between a
round rock rolling down a hill and a wheel he could attach to a pallet of grain.
Entire pre-Columbian civilizations in SA never made that connection.

We could conceive of diamond-shaped sensors that could receive rays from any
angle. I've no doubt that engineers are working on the problem.

br

Replies: Reply from Grégoire Vandenschrick <gregoire.vds@skynet.be> ([Leica] DigiBack comments, answers to BR, BD, Mark Rabiner, Jerry and others)