Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
From: Jeff S <four_season_photo@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:48:21 -0700 (PDT)

>Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:51:49 -0700
>From: Eric Welch <eric@jphotog.com>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Computer question
>
>Linux' may be cool for geeks, but it's still not
ready >for average people's desktops. And the fact
that many in >the Linux community don't agree only
shows how out of >touch they are with average computer
users.
>Apple and Microsoft are the only alternatives for mom
>and dad. And my folks just dumped Windows because it
was >driving them nuts. And with the virus scourge of
the >past few weeks, they're feeling pretty good
>about their choice to go Apple. (Okay, so I twisted
>their arms a tiny bit.) :-)

But Eric, this is a LEICA user's group: We're not
interested in AVERAGE solutions, only the best and
most elegant [grin]: No one ever said the road to
excellence would also be the path of least resistance!

Jeff