Subject: Re: [Leica] Keep politics off the LUG
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 17:00:21 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

> Recent political postings by LUGGERS make we wonder how much more of
> this should be tolerated.  The pattern at work is the following:
>
>         1)  Strong views are expressed in no uncertain terms in often
>         offensive language posted to the LUG, either directly, or via a link.
>
>         2)  Proponents of a different view react to this posting.
>
>         3)  There are calls from all quarters to stop the thread (which by now
> mostly
>         consists of messages to stop the thread), while the original poster
> smugly sits
>         back and watches the mayhem -- delighted that the Truth has gotten out.
>
> Alternatively, the pattern is this:
>
><Snip>

Extra Extra!
Martin hits nail on head!

Well seen and executed Martin!

In these sensitive times I think there are 2 OTs which we should have
zero tolerance - one strike your out of:
Politics
and Canon EOS.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.rabinergroup.com

I personally in general on the real sidewalk not the internet believe in
the long standing view that politics and religion are not the subjects
of polite conversation. It's too personal and too volatile.
I find it a no brainer that the Leica users group should be about using
Leicas, and not much else if at all else.
Much conflict comes not from WHAT is being said; but the fact that it IS
being said here, the wrong venue.

I hope we have any French or Moslems left lurking on the list. Both are
great peoples. I know we used to.
What ever happend to Dominique?