Subject: Re: [Leica] GeeBees' PAW Week 14
From: "GeeBee" <graham@geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 23:11:42 +0100

From: "Frank Farmer" <frankandaubrey@mindspring.com>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: 04 April 2003 21:24

> Graham,
>
> The comment mentions you used a red filter on that image.  However, it
doesn't appear to have had much affect.  I.e., the tones do not appear as
separated as I'm accustomed to with the use of a red filter.  Did I miss
something?  Good shot by the way.  I was just wondering about the filter.

> Frank
>

> http://www.geebeephoto.com/html/14_2003

Hi Frank,
Others have commented on the lack of effect I seem to get when I use a red
filter. I am baffled why I don't get the really dark areas in the sky that
are normally the result of red filtration.  For some reason, possibly my
scanner, I have to use red to get the effect I would normally associate
orange or even yellow. The negs have a pretty dramatic look in the sky but
it doesn't make it through the scanner (HP S20). I develop the Tri X in D76
stock for 8  minutes at 20c. As I am not after the normal red filter look I
have not tried anything to make it more pronounced but like I said, it is
puzzling. Thanks for looking.

- --Graham