Subject: [Leica] Vancouver LUG gathering/Ted the pro
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 00:00:16 -0800

This might have been mentioned as part of the previous report on the
gathering in Vancouver of LUGgers in conjunction with the swap meet,
but this is a special item that deserves its own mention.

When I arrived at Tom & Tuulikki's, Irene, Ted Grant's wife, said
that I had to attempt a test. I was handed Ted's camera case, and
asked to state what was missing. I looked inside the main
compartment; saw one M7 with winder and Noctilux, another with a 35
Summilux and 21 finder, and another with a 90/2. I thought maybe the
21 lens was missing as I didn't see it and the finder was on one of
the cameras. But no, it was in the front compartment, along with
batteries and some other oddments. I patted the side pockets, but
they were empty. Hmm..... That's where I usually put my film in my
case. No film.

Ted had left Victoria with all his cameras (and hopefully a change of
underwear - CLEAN underwear), but no film. Even the cameras held no
film.

Fortunately, Tom was able to help him and donate a few rolls.

Maybe, after souping 200 rolls these last days and have to contact
and make work prints in the next days from them he just didn't want
to deal with more film :-).

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design