Subject: [Leica] RE:Digicam for a Leica photographer
From: "Felix Lopez de Maturana" <fmaturana@euskalnet.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 00:26:24 +0100

>Since we're on the subject, I'd like to ask Tina and other Leica users
>about their choice of digital camera to supplement their Leicas.

Canon EOS D30 and Canon EOS 1Ds. The choice was quite clear as I've got
some fine L  lenses. SLRD cameras are truly expensive but are the only
capable of really good output. They are quickly improving but you need
then work on a leasing basis acquisition not in a buying way. Though
I'm not a pro, however I'm right now selling pictures, I like good
results from my cameras. This was the reason for getting three Leica
cameras and ten Leica lenses last two years. I humbly believe that
digicams are excellent photographic toys but for truly serious works a
SLRD is welcome. Hopefully Leica would develop a good one. I think not
so the Canon is OK.

Kind regards

Felix